The following list of holidays for the school year 2009/2010 is published by the Consejería de Educación (Education Council) of the Junta de Andalucía. It does not include local holidays such as those after ferias, Carnival, etc., which are subject to local Councils. In some cases, holidays have been moved to make sure the days off coincide with a weekend, highly convenient to teachers, not necessarily to parents.>
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ITEMS SUCH AS THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO SUBSCRIPTION IN THE FUTURE but you can make a donation NOW, too! Please click here for more information on how to help us continue. (This item was not translated but thoroughly researched.)
- Monday, October 12 – National Bank Holiday
- Monday, November 2 – Days after All Saints Day
- Monday, December 7 – Day after Constitution Day
- Tuesday, December 8 – Immaculate Conception
- Monday, March 1 – Day after Andalucía Day
- Friday, May 1 – Labour Day/May Day/Día del Trabajo
- Christmas: From Wednesday, December 23, to Friday, January 8, both included.
- Easter: From Friday, March 27, 2010 to Sunday, April 4, both included.
(Translated) Local Councils can choose up to two days in the school year for no-class days, as long as these do not coincide with local holidays as established in the Official Bulletin.
(Comment: If you can figure out what exactly this means, you’re a better man than I, Gunga-Din. However, your local Council should know, though it would be nice if anyone at the Town Hall could tell us with more than a couple of days’ notice. We will post an item about it, if possible. Prospero.)
(If you enjoyed this article, or found it useful, please consider making a donation to JimenaPulse. Click here for more information.)