(Press release) Jimena’s International Music Festival, to be held on July 2, 3 and 4 this year, is inaugurating a new competition open to musicians that get little recognition yet are present in almost any city and town in the world. The organizing committee has set the rules that apply to the street musicians section: registration is free; groups can be a maximum of three components; the competition is open to all musical styles and instruments as long as the ‘philosophy’ of street musicians is respected. More>
- Registration is open until June 22nd.
- The committee will choose 5 groups or soloists, who must play on July 2, 3 and 4.
- Each participant will have two 30-minute performances each day.
- A jury will select a winner according to the points given by the public.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of €500 and the opportunity to perform onstage for 20 minutes just before the closing concert of the Festival (by Macaco).
- The organizers will compensate all selected participants with €200.
- Musicians must present a filled in registration form (available from Town Hall or municipal offices) before June 22nd, plus a brief CV in Spanish, one or more recent photos, a sample of their music on CD, cassette or other usual electronic support system. Links to YouTube music or video is also accepted.
- Registration form can be sent in by e-mail or by post, though CDs, etc. must be handed in, at the following addresses:
IX FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE MÚSICA DE JIMENA DE LA FRONTERA
CONCURSO DE MÚSICOS CALLEJEROS
Ayuntamiento de Jimena
C/ Sevilla, 61
11330 – Jimena de la Frontera
(Cádiz – España)